ATL Reign Homestand Cosplay Competition
If you're a fan of cosplay, we have an awesome opportunity at Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend. We're holding a $5,000 cosplay competition for Overwatch cosplay, and it's open to everyone who holds a Homestand ticket.
Registration opens on Saturday at 10:00 am and closes on Sunday at 11:30 am. Shortly after Sunday matches begin, judging will take place at noon in the Ballroom. We'll announce the winners in the Ballroom at 5 pm. $4,500 will be split across the following categories:
- Best Cosplay
- Most Creative
- Funniest Idea
If you can't stay through Sunday, don't worry! There will be a Fan Guru Fan Favorite Cosplay competition on Saturday. Entries open at 11 am on Saturday and closes at 7 pm that evening. Fans can vote for their favorites using the Fan Guru app, and the competition winner will receive $500! Voting begins immediately afterwards and runs until the event closes on Sunday at 5 pm. Winners will be announced on Atlanta Reign social media channels.
Throughout the weekend, we'll have professional photographers on site to take complimentary photos for your portfolio. Male and female dressings rooms will be available on site so you can change on location.
You will need a Sunday ticket to participate in the larger competition, and they are available here.
Be sure to download the Fan Guru event app to access the Fan Guru Fan Favorite competition, exhibitors, and other events happening during Homestand Weekend. Keep an eye on @ATLReign on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more updates! #LetItReign
The rules on this page are subject to change, if you are interested in participating, please check the cosplay contest section of the website often to ensure you are aware of any updated/added/changed rules. Please be advised that signing up for any cosplay contest is an affirmation that you agree to adhere to the rules presented on the Fan Guru : Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend website as well as any decisions made by cosplay staff prior to, or during, Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend.
All cosplay events/panels have the potential to be photographed/filmed/recorded in some fashion. These recordings may be used in future galleries or promotions. Signing up for, and/or attending, any cosplay event is done with the understanding that recording could occur at any time and permission is tacitly given for the participant's likeness to be used.
Cobb Energy Performance Arts Center and its management team have the sole discretion in any matter that it believes may affect public safety or be important to protect the integrity of the event. All final decisions on costumes entering the facility will be at the discretion of its management team. All Cosplay guests must go through the ballroom entrance (doors closest to the Parking Deck).
General Rules for the Competition
- You must be a registered Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend attendee in order to compete.
- Costumes must be easily maneuverable. Guests must be able to sit in their own seats and not disturb any guest in their area.
- No stilts or oversized costumes will be permitted. Masks will not be allowed; guests must be easily identifiable. Limited face paint will be accepted.
- Contestants under the age of 18 need a parent at the event to sign a waiver in order to compete in the cosplay contest.
- Your costume must cover swimsuit areas – no nudity. Body-paint costumes are not eligible for craftsmanship. Limited face paint will be accepted.
- The contest is open to Overwatch characters only. Rule breakers will be disqualified.
- Helmets or hats cannot be made of metal, PVC, fiberglass, glass, or wood. Costume armor cannot pose a threat for any guest. This includes; metal spikes, blades, or any poking hazard.
- Weapons and/or props that weigh 15 lbs. or more are not permitted.
- Any realistic weapons, including swords and firearms, will not be permitted. This includes air guns, cap guns, Nerf guns, etc.
- Prop weapons are subject to evaluation by BC management.
- Those composed of foam or cardboard will be allowed. The barrel of any prop firearm must be covered with a brightly covered cap. No bladed weapons, metal, PVC, fiberglass, or wood prop weapons will be permitted entry.
- Projectile props must be rendered inoperable or will not be permitted into the facility. Any bow-type weapon must be unstrung and any prop arrows must be made of foam or cardboard and possess soft, blunted tips.
- Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend adheres to the PG‐13 rule when it comes to language/hand gestures on stage. Violation of this rule may cause you to be disqualified from the competition.
- Overtly political or religious statements are not allowed. Violation of this rule may be grounds to be disqualified from the competition. (If you're unsure about whether what you want to do will cross the line, please ask by submitting an email or inquiring at the cosplay registration table.)
- During the contest enter and exit the stage at the designated points only. There will be a wheelchair-accessible ramp for contestants.
- Costumes must be handled by the contestant or by handler(s) the contestant brings to help. Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend will not provide assistants.
- You are not allowed to throw anything off the stage (this means no projectiles) or use anything on stage that will leave a mess. This includes (but is not limited to) liquids, glitter and confetti.
- If you have a question about something you want to do, feel free to send an email with “Costume Contestant Question” as the subject.
- All participants are encouraged to keep at least one foot on the ground at all times.
- No pyrotechnics, fire, explosive devices, live animals or similar special effects can be used during the competition; this includes smoke/smog machines and flash powder. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and be asked to leave the convention area depending on the severity of the incursion.
- All prop weapons must conform to the Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend prop policies, including being checked.
- Costumes that too closely resemble law enforcement and medical personnel will not be allowed.
- Atlanta Reign Homestand Weekend reserves the right to turn away any contest entry it deems inappropriate or not in compliance with the rules. Keep in mind that the cosplay contest is a family-friendly event.
Attendees understand, agree to and consent that designated CEPAC, Event Represnetatives or security personnel throughout the event have an absolute right to inspect costumes, weapons, and any other items, and that they will submit to such an inspection. Any attendee must submit their costumes, weapons, and other items to an immediate inspection upon request or must leave the CEPAC. In the event a person declines to submit to an inspection and refuses to leave, they shall be immediately expelled and escorted off the premises.