Welcome to the Atlanta Reign Team's (“Team”) Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”). This Privacy Statement was last updated on February 21, 2019.
This Privacy Statement describes how the Team collects, uses, and discloses information about you, which we obtain from:
- visitors to our websites www.atlantaesportsventures.com, www.atlreign.com, and other affiliated web pages (“Site(s)”), which are operated by Atlanta Esports Ventures, and
- the Overwatch League, LLC and its affiliates, including Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment International, a division of Activision Blizzard International B.V., Major League Gaming, Inc. and Activision Publishing, Inc. (collectively “OWL”).
The Team may make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time by posting a modified version on this Site, so please review this Site frequently to ensure you are aware of any changes. If the Team makes a material change to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by posting to this Site and, if required by applicable law, by sending an email to registered users of our Site at the address on file.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect and Receive and How We Use it
- Children Under 13
- Your Choices
- Sharing Your Information
- Security and Links
- Accessing Information
- Contacting Us
- Your California Privacy Rights
1. Information We Collect and Receive and How We Use It
The Team collects information about you from you and from other sources, including information we collect automatically and information provided by other sources. As set out below in more detail, we use, and in specific cases, combine that information to operate, tailor content, personalize, adjust, and improve our Site, and, as permitted by applicable law, to send you messages or personalized information about our Team, including for marketing and promotional purposes.
Information Provided by You
We collect information from you when you: contact us for customer services purposes; request information about the Team; sign up for our newsletters; request marketing/promotional communications from us; purchase team-related merchandise from us or our merchandising partners; or enter into team-related contests or promotions. The type of information that we collect from you varies based on your particular interaction with our Site and our services. The information we collect includes: your first and last name and preferred method of contact (e.g., email address, telephone number, or other preferred communications methods), and any information about your gaming preferences/favorite players.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Site we may automatically collect the following information about your use of the Site via cookies and/or similar technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: browser type, access time, referring URL and page views. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you. Please see Section 10, Cookies, below for more details.
Information Provided by Other Sources
We obtain information about you from the Overwatch League, LLC and its affiliates, including Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment International, a division of Activision Blizzard International B.V., Major League Gaming, Inc. and Activision Publishing, Inc. Specifically, if you request information about our team through the OWL website, then these entities will provide us with your name and contact information. You may be able to control how third parties, such as OWL, collect, use, and disclose your information by changing your preferences or opting out of collection directly with those third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, telephone number, or other preferred communication method to send you information about the Team.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. We use this information to improve our Site and services (such as to determine which areas area of our Site are most popular).
- To protect us and others, including to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights or protect the rights, property, or safety of others. For example, in connection with an investigation of illegal activities, fraud, or potential threats to the safety of any person.
2. Children Under 13
The Team does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 and our Site is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
3. Your Choices
Your Choices About Information Provided by You
If you do not want to provide the Team with personal information, then you can choose not to provide it via our Site. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may not always be able to provide you with the relevant Team information that you want. For example, without providing a communication method, you will not be able to sign up for Team newsletters or marketing/promotional communications. Please note that even if you choose not to provide information to us via the Site, we will still receive information about you from other sources and collect information automatically as described above in Section 1, Information We Collect and Receive and How We Use It.
Your Choices About Team Using Your Information
You can exercise choices over how the Team uses your personal information and update your preferences at any time:
- to remove yourself from receiving marketing/promotional communications from the Team (simply click the unsubscribe link in the email) and
- to disable selected cookies from collecting information relating to the effectiveness of advertising campaigns or analytics data and from serving you with personalized advertising on our Site or third party sites (please see Section 10, Cookies below).
If you opt-out of receiving marketing/promotional communications from us, please note that we may still contact you occasionally to provide you with service-related information.
4. Sharing Your Information
The Team shares Information:
- with OWL. For example, if you have provided your email address or other preferred communication method to receive marketing/promotional communications, your preferred communication method may be shared with OWL Any personal information shared with OWL is subject to the OWL Privacy Statement available here;
- with the parent companies of Atlanta eSports Ventures, which is a joint venture of Province, Inc. and Cox Enterprises, Inc., for purposes of their administration of the Team site and services;
- with service providers engaged by the Team. For example, consultancy and information technology hardware and software providers engaged by us to support, operate, and develop the Site and to deliver marketing/promotional communications on our behalf. Service providers use your information to execute, deliver, and/or from time to time improve the services they provide.
- if required to do so by applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- if necessary to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person, including but not limited to disclosure to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose you, us, or others to legal liability. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction; and
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event, your information may be transferred to our successor or assign.
5. Security and Links
The Team takes a range of security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, the Internet by its nature is not a secure environment and the nature of security risks is constantly evolving, as are the technical and organizational industry standards relating to management of those risks. Therefore, we do not guarantee the security of your information.
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to third party websites to which our Site may link, including OWL and other OWL teams, and you accept the Team is not responsible for the security or privacy practices of any such third-party websites.
6. Accessing Information
If for any reason you are concerned with the way we are using your information or would like to update your contact information or request that we delete such information, you can send your request to us using the information provided in Section 7, Contacting Us below.
7. Contacting Us
To contact us, you can send us an email at [email protected] or write to us at: 2360 Corporate Circle, Ste. 330, Henderson, NV 89074.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may contact us using the contact information provided for in Section 7, Contacting Us above.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users
A “cookie” is a small bit of record-keeping information that many websites and other online products and services often store on a user’s computer or device in order to identify it and associate activity with it. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Third Party Analytics
We use automated devices and applications, such as Wordpress plug-ins, to evaluate usage of our Site.